Here are the rules:
When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real.
Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have 7 friends. Show the 7 random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!
TEN Honest Things About Myself:
1. I consider myself as a writer. I started writing poems and short plays when I was in 4th Grade, my inspiration came from anything and everything I see around me: the sound of flowing water down the river, the swaying leaves from the trees as the wind blows, the laughter of my playmates, a love song playing on the radio…When I reached 5th Grade, I write poems that are customized according to my classmates/friends preferences, they just tell me their story and I will make it for them. 😉
2. I have many frustrations in my life. I’m a frustrated Radio DJ, when I was in Highschool I made a demo tape of all the songs I like, made a script on how to introduce the songs in there and dedicated some of it to my friends, who of course heard the tape and liked it a lot. I’m a frustrated fashion designer, I made sketches of dresses, gowns and different outfits, I had them drawn in pieces of paper while I’m manning our little store, but my mom threw it away with most of my poem compositions, she hates clutter, I hate her… I’m a frustrated soldier/policewoman/detective, I was about to apply for a spot inside PMA (Phillipine Military Academy) but my parents did not want me to, they say that it’s not a job for girls, I hate them both… 😀
3. I watch some episodes of FRIENDS (my most favorite TV series) whenever I feel down, lonely or having a bad day. It never fails to make me laugh and leave me “smiling like there’s a hanger in my mouth”. And when I feel like I want to cry but couldn’t, that’s when I watch chick flicks (most probably “You’ve Got Mail”), so that I will have an excuse for crying like a baby. 😉
4. I have mutant powers. I instantly know what kind of a person is the one I am dealing with: their background, their lifestyle, their attitude and personality…just by observing how they talk, they move and deal with other people. I tend to analyze the people around me, but I am not judgmental, intuitive is the more acceptable description. I just knew it and most of the time I am right about it! I can also figure out what a person is really trying to say despite what he/she already said, I get the hidden meaning, and once again I am right most of the time! 😀
5. I’m a music junkie. Music is my life. I cannot live a day without it…when I hear a new song that I like I will surely research about it, that’s the reason why I know if it’s an original or if it’s a remake. In a lot of instances, I can give you the title and the artist who sang the song that you hear on the radio especially when it is Monsters Riot day! (*winks at Pammie*) I don’t have a particular favorite genre but I am sure not a fan of “hip hop” songs, and mostly I prefer love songs. I also love watching music videos. 😉
6. I love nature. I love the relaxing colorful hues of the sunset and the invigorating rays of the sunrise gleaming through my window every morning. I love looking at the moon and stars at night. I love the different kinds and colors of the flowers. I love the sound of the birds chirping, and seeing them fly up in the air. I love the sound of rain falling down from the sky and the smell of the air after it has poured. I love watching the clouds as they move up in the sky and imagining them as objects or animals floating around. 😀
7. I want to travel the world before I die. I want to visit all the tourist spots all over the world starting with our own country. I want to learn the about different cultures and their languages/dialects. And I want to taste the different cuisine from these different places. 😉
8. I’m not fond of wearing fancy dresses. I’m more comfortable wearing a pair of jeans, a nice shirt and my new pair of Converse Chucks. I don’t use a lot of make-up on my face, I only use lip gloss and face powder when I go out, sometimes I do forget to put some on until I realize it. The last time I used the full set of make-up (mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow, blush-on, lipstick, etc) was when I was still working at McDonalds way back in 1998. And I don’t have a “beauty” ritual before sleeping (face creams, lotion – I hate lotions, etc.). 😀
9. I’m the eldest among the 5 siblings, and I grew up insecure about myself. My brother has higher grades in school than me and my sister has always been the one that they call “beautiful” since she’s the only one who’s fair-skinned like our father. Sibling-rivalry has always been an issue in our family. I’m the disciplinarian because I’m always the one being left to take care of my siblings. But now that we’ve all grown up, I am the one whom my siblings ran to when they have problems and needed an advice. Even my mother asks me for some advice when she’s having trouble with my siblings. 😉
10. Some random little facts: I can play the guitar, I can sing and dance (but not very pleasing to the eyes and ears…hahaha), I play basketball, I can’t swim (yet), I hate roller coasters, I’m hyperacidic, I eat a lot but I don’t seem to get fat, I don’t slap a person in the face – I punch, I’m wearing contact lenses for almost 14 years now, and I’m 30 years old but I still look 20 – and that’s according to a lot of people! (Wag ka umangal! 😀 )
Now, the 7 people that I’m tagging (I have no choice, I gotta do it!):